Saturday, February 26, 2011

It Is A Good Thing To Know God


I’ve never been a traditionally “religious” person but my fervor for intimacy with God through Christ makes me a Christian.

The first time I knew that God was real was when someone told me that He knew me and was thinking of me long before I was ever born.  The revelation of His eternal wisdom drew me into a heartfelt desire to know Him personally.  This led to my accepting Jesus Christ (God as a human being) as my LORD, my savior and my friend.  Since that day I’ve found that the more I study the bible, the more I understand the truth and the deeper I know the reality of God.

Here’s what my experience has shown me: a life devoted to seeking the truth finds the joy of knowing pure Love by having the Spirit of God alive in your heart.

Besides that, I’ll never know that God does not exist. If I die and there is no afterlife, I’ll have no awareness and therefore never experience what it is to be without God.  So I choose to be aware of His existence, now.  I believe that the Word of God is true and I will live on after this life and come to know Him more and more, and in greater and greater fulfillment for eternity.  This worldview makes me happy, satisfied and grateful.  I do not understand why would someone would choose to believe otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment