Monday, February 28, 2011

I Write And I Sing For You


The purpose of my writing is to reach out to other people and make a positive difference in their lives.  Music is such a powerful influence on thought and thoughts are a huge influence on the heart.  A good message tied to a memorable melody can touch another person for the betterment of that individual and (through the change in them) the lives of others also.  That is why (even in my secular songwriting) I make an effort to keep the lyrics as uplifting as I can.

I use the Word of God as an example and model for what I do.  It was written to be read so that the message from the LORD could be shared and passed on down through successive generations.  Its purpose is to reach us today and influence the people who read it to make choices for God’s glory.  However, writing does not communicate unless someone reads what is written and is changed by what they read.  Songs unsung do not achieve their purpose, so I sing to give life to words through music.

It is my deeply held belief that by reading the bible, writing and sharing what I write (the Word of God filtered through my experiences) I am living to reach people and influence them for the Kingdom of Heaven.  This is one way I fulfill the purpose God has created me for.

No comments:

Post a Comment