Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why I Am Happier Now


I used to be much more concerned about what I was going to do next and that caused me a considerable amount of anxiety.  I would worry about what I’d done and said and fret about what I had to do to get what I wanted.  This wasn’t working very well for me because I was seldom satisfied.

I keep coming to the realization (and each time I do it’s on a deeper level) that no matter what I achieve there will always be something else I want.  So, I focus more on what I have now and how it is fulfilling to me.  Rather than considering what I am going to do next and how great I’m going to feel when it is done, I reflect on and appreciate all that God has given me already.

It’s a simple thought process that yields a tremendous amount of peace and satisfaction in my life while giving glory to the creator of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment