Saturday, March 12, 2011

Freedom From “The Blame Game”


Taking responsibility for what you say and do is powerful and liberating.  This is true especially when you realize that your situation is (for the most part) your own doing and your reaction to your circumstances is 100% up to you.  I know this is something that has been said a million times in a million ways, but I believe that it can’t be said enough or in too many different ways.

Let me be transparent with you and admit that I’m far from having it all figured out.  I’ve got my share of personal issues to work on, but I do walk this talk and you won’t find me being a victim of circumstances or saying that I think someone else is the cause of my troubles.  I have made a point of reinforcing this belief system with a set of habits and disciplines that are transforming the way I think and the actions I take. Key to this is recognizing what I can’t do anything about and making a conscious decision to gratefully leave that stuff up to God because He is able to handle it all.  I trust that He is dealing with it perfectly and I refuse to worry about it.

If you are in the habit of and continue to blame everyone and everything for what is going on in your life then I suspect that things will probably go from bad to worse for you and you’ll continue to complain about it for the rest of your life.  However, when you accept responsibility for what seems to be happening to you (your finances, your relationships, your health etc…) then you can make a change for the better.  You can make a difference in they way the world treats you by adjusting the things you do and how you respond to what happens around you.  In my opinion, this is a wonderful way to view the world and can radically affect the way you live and the results you get in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment